Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring BBQing

I'm not sure whether Spring or Summer has arrived here in STL. The last 3 weeks have been over 80 degrees. Yeah, I know, so strange. But hey, I'll take it.

With the warm weather brings my love of cooking outside. A few weeks ago we went to a co-workers impromptu dinner. They had a yummy dessert that I thought I would try.



I was late coming home after a much needed kid shoe shopping trip. The kids are going through shoes like a baby goes through diapers. I'm not kidding. It's crazy. But anyway I had a coupon for 20% off so I took advantage and took all 4 babies for shoes. Ziggy recognized 2 shoes sharing the names of 2 of our children, quite unique and funny, if you ask me. 


Since we were late Zeus started the chops on the grill. I wanted to try the new dessert. OF course, everyone was skeptical but it didn't last long.

Fresh Pineapple sliced and skin removed. Then you sprinkle cinnamon on top, don't skimp on the cinnamon. Then grill flipping about 3-5 minutes in.  The finished product is super scrumptious and very healthy for a summer or spring, in this case, dessert.


So if you want to try something fresh and new these are wonderful and a nice close to a beautiful day.

0 comments: