Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentines Slump

So yes, Valentines is usually a fun holiday that we all want to spend with the one we love the mostest. I used to love Valentines Day when I was a teen. I always loved getting sweet precious gifts from the one that loved me. But today, seeing as to how I will be without my love AGAIN I am not super excited about this self proclaimed day of love. I can count on one hand how many Valentines Day's my husband has spent with me. Yes, We have been married 12 years so spending less than 5 together is pretty sad, don't you think. I guess that is just another sacrifice I make and my husband make for our great love of this nation. Do I like it, heck no. I despise everyday my husband has to be away from my family and quite frankly the past 7 years my husband has racked up HUGE numbers in the away from family time. Not something to be very proud of, if you ask me. I mean, we get married to share our lives with someone, not spend it apart. And we sure as heck do not have many children so that I could do everything myelf. Absolutely the furthest thing from my mind.

Anyways, I plan to make the day special for the children with or without their Dad. We shall a great day with or without presents from anyone else. I plan to make a special breakfast before school and then to do a fun dinner with the kids.

We will make the best of our day no matter how far away all of our family is, no matter how far Zeus is, no matter if there is 4 plus inches of snow on the ground, no matter if it is freezing outside. We will have a great day.

Happy Valentines Day to all the mIlitary spouses and family celebrating this holiday alone. We love you.

1 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

I'm right there with you, Dusty. And my Valentine's birthday is on Valentine's Day too and yet the AF seems to try hard to geographically separate us on V-Day. Hope you enjoy your day with the kids! I will be watching sappy movies with my dogs :)