Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Congratulations to my Zeus

This has been a very eventful, busy and amazing week. Zeus was promoted to 1st Lt. on Friday amongst a very chaotic day with many more lows than highs. I pushed through all the irritation and frustration as the 6 people scheduled to be at the ceremony were not present. I was more bothered by Zeus being upset about it. Nevertheless the show goes on, and it did.

Zeus was promoted just the way we had hoped. The children loved pinning him and I was pleased at all the friends and co-workers that made it special for all of us.

It turned out to be a great day. It turned out to be a special moment for our family.

I'm so very proud of my Zeus and I'm so very glad he was able to be home for the promotion and not on the road at some other duty location.




The best part was Zeus surprising me with our own little Valentine, Birthday, Promotion plane ride. Yesterday we took an early morning flight around St. Louis in a 4-seater with Zeus at the helm.





It was a lot of fun to be in the air together and seeing him smile ear to ear. Great idea, Babe.

0 comments: