Sunday, July 17, 2011

What's happening!!

So today I need to blog about what is happening to our country. Most of you know I am a news junkie, I read, tweet, watch and anything else you can do with news, I do. I like to know what is going on and why and maybe how I can change things.


This time in American history is extremely sad. Not in the death sense, but in a civility and community sense. Read the news. I dare you. This month the NFL is in a lockout. The NBA is in a lockout. The state of Minnesota has been shutdown. The United States Government is arguing about the Debt ceiling. Do you see anything in common here? I do, I do. How about  MONEY!!! It's all about money and the sad part is, that the majority of these problems are not just money, its greed. Yes, Pure ole innocent greed. (yes that would be my attempt at sarcasm). The one thing that can ultimately bring down an entire country, Greed. That has got to be the most ridiculous thing any of us could have imagined. But I am pretty sure we had it coming. What do you think?

I mean, we let God disappear from our schools, our buildings and ultimately in our lives. The only time we ask him to show up is when we are severely injured or someone has died. That's probably too late to start asking. Well folks, if you have not figured it out yet, our current system is not working. I mean really, We have NFL teams making BILLIONS of dollars and that is not enough but miles down the road in Kentucky we have families that can't even graduate high school, lost all their teeth and everybody turns a blind eye. This sounds about right. The American Way. The gap between the poor and the rich is widening farther than ever before.

Lets turn to the Bible for a few thoughts:

Proverbs 29:4 reads By justice a king gives a country stability, but one who is greedy for bribes tears it down.
Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

The verse we should remember and strive to live by is this:

1 Peter 5:2 Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers-not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve;

I am sad to see us running faster and faster down this dreaded, dark alley. We must put the brakes on at some point but it takes multitudes of us to stand up and make a change, if this is gonna happen.

I hope you are willing to do what you can and help others, do good, stop the greed and show those elected officials and sports millionaires that there really is more to life than " who has the most money".
Blessings to all of you and I pray that Americans figure this out before it is too late. The clock is ticking and the bomb is set to explode unless we disarm it.

God Bless America and please, please show us how to get out of this mess.

0 comments: