Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big week

This week brings great things for our family. This week is the last week that my oldest will walk the halls of the elementary world. That's right you are reading that clearly. My oldest moves into MIDDLE school next year. Ummm, I'm flipping a bit. She is still so little, so cute, so young, so naive, my little girl and I don't want her to walk those bigger, longer and confusing hallways of middle school. This is tough. Brings back the memories of my middle school days. Most of those days were wondrous. I made amazing friends. I found a love of volleyball. I found my true competitiveness. I feel in love with Tweety. I grew up. I learned to love school. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did.

For me, I am 10 days from completing my very first college degree. It is huge for me. This has been a very difficult and highly emotional journey but I see the light and it is shining so brightly and given the drive not to just walk to it but to run as fast as I can to it. I'm almost there.

Looking forward to a great week as we begin to enter into summer. We head off to our first Midwest mini-vacation this weekend in Chicago. Looking forward to visiting the windy city and watching Zeus run through the miles of mud sprinkled with obstacles. I think he is crazy. He thinks it will be fun. I will be sure to post the MUDDY pictures.

Blessings to all of you,
Haskins House

0 comments: