Saturday, March 12, 2011

10 years later it finally happened

Most of you know that I have been a mom for 10 years now but some may not so now you know. HAHAHA

A couple weeks ago Zulu and Zeus were outside playing football. Ziggy noticed so he wanted to play too. Zeus' first throw to Ziggy ends in injury. Ziggy is screaming. Zeus doesn't think much of it. Twinkle works hard to figure out if he is OK or needs to see the Dr. Thankfully we have a pediatrician and her flight Dr. husband who live across the street from us so a quick text message to them and she came over a bit later to look at his hand. It was not a terrible injury just a strain. Good, I do not need injuries. So fast forward to yesterday. All 3 big kids at school and Zeus at work, just Twinkle and Ziggy here at the house. Twinkle had Loads and Loads of homework so I sat in front of the computer for upwards of 14 hours. While I did homework Ziggy played and moved from room to room doing different activities. While he was in the play room that was down the hall from the den I heard a loud, blood curdling scream. He came running yelling I re-injured my finger, I re-injured my finger. Great, is all I was thinking. I looked at his finger and it was way swollen, turning darker purple by the minute. I was frustrated. I called the Dr. on base and they surprisingly did not have any appt.s for the day. Yep, just my luck. She asks me some questions and then proceeds to tell me this is a serious injury and we need to proceed directly to the ER. It just gets better by the minute around here. Luckily Zeus was about to leave work for the day so I phoned him and asked in my sweetest, most loving of voices if he would mind taking Ziggy up to the ER since I still had a whole other math assignment to start and finish by midnight. He was nice and smart and decided it was best he take Ziggy in. Zeus is such a loving husband he texted me throughout the visit keeping me up to date on each event as it occurred, and for that I am grateful. X-rays were needed to rule out a break. Which lucky for me he just happened to have that very first break I was telling you about. Yep, we are now the parents of a child with a broken bone. Lucky for me it took 10 years for that to happen. Now we are off to Children's hospital on Monday to see the Ortho to determine if the finger needs surgery, cast or some other medical treatment. It is splinted now but man, this little boy is having a hard time with it. He brushes it and screams. The pain meds are helping but with an active child with this much energy we are bound to have other issues. So tonight while he was sleeping he woke up screaming again. OH boy, Lord just give me the strength and patience. I love this little guy and I despise seeing him in this kind of pain. He never really woke completely up. twinkle just scooped him up and cuddled him while unwrapping the splint to re wrap it a little bit looser.

These days almost nothing surprises me. This baby along with his older siblings have had so many medical issues that I just about could become a nurse by experience alone. Just kidding, but you know what I mean here. Its absurd. But here we are in the middle of hockey season and Ziggy has been sidelined by the first "official" Haskins broken bone.

Happy Broken Bone Day Everyone

Haskins House Injured

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh boy, poor Ryker. It's too bad you don't live in Biloxi still we could have shared rides to the ER that week. There's still nothing better than little boys even when they make us spend hours in the ER!

Your bulbs are blooming across the street. Makes us miss the Haskins family!