Friday, February 25, 2011

I love my blessings, funny stuff

Yesterday the babies and I were working hard to get the house in tip top shape for when Zeus returns. Everyone was doing there jobs diligently while we played a fun little cleaning game. Twinkle vs. the babies. Each chore that was complete earned that team or player, in my case a point. The team with the most points at the end of 30 minutes won. So we worked hard and very fast. I got an early lead. 8-1, Go Mommy. Then the kids figured it out if they split up and all did different jobs they could earn more points faster. That is what did it. At the end of 30 minutes, all household chores were complete and the babies beat Twinkle 39-34.

While we were working I politely asked Ziggy to go get the clothes out of the dryer. He grabbed the basket and headed for the Laundry room. No questions asked. I continued working and he seemed to be gone for quite a while. Maybe 10 minutes or so. I was beginning to wonder what was going on in there. Nevertheless, I left him alone and continued vacuuming. I turn around to hear him grunting as he is dragging the basket towards the living room. It looked painful really. He was huffing and puffing and panting and I asked, "did you get them out of the dryer". He said yes Mommy, I said thank you and off he went. I looked in the basket and sure enough the clothes were all still wet. Oh my goodness, these clothes did not come from the dryer. They came from the WASHER. OH goodness Ziggy. He must have had to climb up and down the washer grabbing clothes and putting them into the basket. No wonder it took him so long. OH poor little guy. At least he tried. But I was crying it was so funny.

I love my life.

Haskins House is soon to be complete in T-30 minutes.

0 comments: