Friday, June 25, 2010

Guess Who?

Well the days have turned to weeks and the weeks have turned to months and the months have turned to years. Oh, you get me point.

For a long time now I have struggled with being just a "stay at home mom". I love it, don't get me wrong. It is absolutely amazing to raise my babies and not miss a moment. I love having stories about them that only I can tell because I was there to witness it. I love being the one they run to no matter what. I absolutely love the support and love they give me. They are just precious. But really, I look at life and understand that these 4 little beings will soon be 4 self sufficient adults that will spread their wings and leave the comfort of my nest. I am scared beyond belief at this point for those days. So I am being pro-active.

Zeus, as you all know has been going to school for years. He has an Associates, Bachelors, Masters and is currently working on another Masters soon followed by the PHD. I however have one semester of college and some military training.  Not much to speak of next to all his education.

This was the sacrifice I gave for my family and these babies. Now that they are all coming up on being in school, Now is time for me to step out of my comfort zone. Zeus has been EXTREMELY supportive almost down right pushy on this new idea. He helped do the research I needed and he even brought me flowers.

I am stinking scared. I am nervous. I am worried. I am overwhelmed. But I am hopeful. I am excited and I am eager to get this new adventure started. You ask what adventure? I bet you have already figured it out but let me spell it out for you if you haven't.

I AM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL

Yep, you heard right here. Straight from the horses mouth. I have enrolled in The University of Phoenix online program for my AA degree. Remember I told you I am starting with almost nothing. Luckily the training I have had in the past does transfer me 30 college credits so I am halfway there already. WOO HOO!!
The program should last about 9 months until I have that degree in hand. Thankfully my service to the United States of America through the Air Force has given me a huge financial opportunity. The Montgomery GI Bill is going to fund my education. For this I am greatful. I could never afford $16,000 a year for school. Thank you Harry W. Colmery, Rep. John Gibson, President Franklin D. Roosevelt and Gillespie V. "Sonny" Montgomery for making my college dreams possible.

So watch and join me back here as this Military veteran, Air Force Officers wife, and stay at home mother of 4 makes her way through the doors of college education. I am sure I will have a rough go of it since school is extremely difficult for me. But check back often for crazy stories of stress, headache, and achievement as I head back to school for the first time in 10 years. Wish me luck because my first class starts next week.

Blessings to all of you
Come back soon to read more adventures from the Haskins House

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! You will surprise yourself with how well you do. You have the dedication to put forth the effort needed. :-D

Pricklybranch Manor said...

I am SO happy for you! I will most definately be praying for you! That the Lord will bless you with the time and energy needed. I bet you'll be just fine! There are days when I wish I could go back just because I think it would be FUN! I love learning. 10 years ago I was burned out and joyfully dove into staying at home. Now, that I'm older the idea of college sounds great because who wouldn't love to be more educated?! I think its because I've grown up a little since then. Ha! I am SO happy for you and can't wait to read all about your newest endeavor! Make us proud Mama!
Hugs,
Cristina