Saturday, May 1, 2010

Qualities....

Over the past several weeks I have been on my own personal facebook campaign.
 If you are one of my facebook friends you will have noticed simple words as my status for quite some time now.
Can anyone tell me what they think the purpose or meaning of those words are?

I bet you can come close but not exact so I'll share with you.

You see 47 days ago my husband left us again, Shocking, for another military TDY/ training. So for 7 weeks he has been hanging with the other LT's out at Maxwell. During that time I developed some serious emotional issues and stress issues with this new found long distance relationship. So I started thinking. I know, scary right, when I start doing that but sometimes I do think. This time I thought about marriage and what it means to me. How serious it is. How important it is. And what kept sticking its nose in the way were these simple little words. LOVE, HONESTY, INTERDEPENDENT, EMPATHY, FRIENDSHIP. I thought about these for days. So I just decided you know what, I'm gonna make those my facebook status until Zeus comes home. And that was that. 47 words later I had voiced and shared the most important qualities I felt every marriage needs to succeed.

Now these are just what I feel are important. They may not be what you think but definitely words that drive me.

COMPASSION PATIENCE COMMUNICATION ACCEPTANCE UNDERSTANDING
RESPECT FORGIVENESS SECURITY CONSIDERATE AFFECTION
PURE LOVE COMPANIONSHIP EMPATHY COMPROMISE FIDELITY
SUPPORT FRIENDSHIP APPRECIATION RESPONSIBILITY HONOR
DEVOTION COMMITMENT SACRIFICE COURAGEOUS LOYALTY


PARTNERSHIP GENUINE ENDURANCE ENCOURAGEMENT JOY
SUBMISSIVE TOLERANCE UNSELFISHNESS THOUGHTFULNESS HAPPINESS
ADMIRATION NURTURING TEAMWORK MUTUALITY
COMFORT REALISTIC EQUALITY KINDNESS
INTERDEPENDENT TREASURE OPTIMISM HONESTY

So look and read these, and pick up the dictionary if you have to because these will make or break you. I understand there are more than just these. I am learning the extreme significance everyday of these simple yet powerful little words. I hope you thought about them when they popped up on Facebook during the last month. I am trying everyday to improve upon these areas of my life and relationship. Maybe just maybe I can manage to keep him around a few more years. Until then, I just ponder the words and strive to do better. The rest just falls in place.

Blessings
Haskins House

0 comments: