Thursday, April 15, 2010

In Keeping with Tradition

We reached another great milestone this week.

I know, these milestones are all happening way to fast. Before I know it I will have 3 daughters in law and a son in law. HOLY COW!!!

No really. Having moved to a new base, we are in for a few changes from our old base. IMAGINE THAT.

The kids love to play organized sports. They are very competitive as are Zeus and I . We encourage the kids to try everything a couple times and make friends through team sports.

Last time we coached was fall soccer in D.C. Zeus coached Zero and Omega and I coached Zulu. Ziggy had to sit on the sidelines and watch. After that season I realized Zulu needed a non-parent coach in the future. We just butted heads WAY. TO. MUCH. To the point of embarrassment. Anyways that was that.

So once we got here and checked the sport schedule much to our surprise the south has spring soccer. Yippee! This is my favorite sport to watch with youth . It is just too precious and quite funny, but we won't tell my babies that.

Anyways we signed the 3 big kids up and proceeded to eval day. Much to my surprise 3 and 4 yr olds could play at this base. WOW, that is super cool. So we watched as the big kids took there evaluation. The following day the phone rang. Zeus answered and was told Zulu is very advanced for his age, would we be ok with him moving up. First off, we knew the child has natural abilities. So yes absolutely especially if it benefits him. Once Zeus told me I was thrilled but freaking scared. WHY?

Because Zeus and I had committed to coaching Zero and Omega's team. Now Zulu would join the bunch. UH OH, were my first thoughts. I needed to talk to Zulu quickly and ask what he thought about being back on Mom and Dad's team. He was not to thrilled about the coachs but tuned that out as he realized he was only 6 and going to be playing with 9-12 yr olds. He did the boogy dance. Just a little on the happy side. Lets just hope the coaching issue is a minor set back.

But the best part of all of this is that fact that the littlest member of our Haskins House is going to play soccer. YEP, you heard it hear first. Ziggy is now officially a soccer star. Thrilling.Exciting.

OH Geez, what have I gotten myself into. All 4 are playing organized sports. YIKES. This is definitely going to be interesting. Thankfully Zeus will only miss the first 2 weeks. Then at least I will have a back up.

Wish me luck! I am definitely going to need it. Let the wheels turn on my soccer mobile cause this Soccer Mom is on the run.

I will leave you with a few shots of Ziggy's first practice.







Come back soon to watch and see more from the Haskins House Live in Mississippi

0 comments: