Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On a Whim

Since I did not do any blogging in Feb while we were moving and celebrating I am going to try to catch you all up on a few things.

Rewind back to early Feb in Montgomery Alabama.

The kids and I drove down to spend a week with Zeus during his Final week at OTS and graduation events.

While we were there I planned a birthday dinner for Zeus to celebrate with him. The day of his birthday he decided on a whim that he wanted to throw together a semi baby shower during dinner for one of his fellow flightmates who's wife was expecting their first child. It is very exciting for us to hear of others starting their families. What made this special to us was that this couple got married on our 10 year anniversary. So being the giving people that we are we wanted to do something fun. Zeus wanted to do something simple but I don't do simple when it comes to babies. Oh no, I want the mommy to feel special and loved. So my brain kicked in and came up with an idea.
Lets just make her a Diaper Cake. They are fun. I enjoy making them. They are my signature.
So I ran to a couple of stores and picked up all the things I needed to make her a cake.
It turned out pretty cute even when I only had an hour or 2 to get it done.

What do you think?




I encourage you to come back and see what's new with The Haskins House

0 comments: