Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reflection

Today was a great day but, as I sit here thinking how relaxed I was It brings back the memories of 2009.

What a year! The year started out amazing with my husbands 30th birthday, our acceptance to AFOTS, a wonderful spring break, awesome summer trip and then well a few bumps were placed in the road.

I made some mistakes that I am not proud of, but that I accept. Those mistakes lead to some harsh consequences that I seem to think still do not fit the crime but none the less were handed down.

I lost a few good people in my life. Not by death. Not really sure exactly when or how but nevertheless they are gone and I will forever mourn those lost relationships. I have given it to God and that has given me peace. But it does not take all the pain and sadness away. I understand that it will fade over time but will leave a lasting scar to my heart.

I made a few amazing friends throughout this whole ordeal and I am most grateful for that today. I was also able to nurture a few other relationships thus sealing them as Gold.

There were great accomplishments this past year like weight loss, size reduction, optimism and beautiful growth in my marriage. I managed to learn more about my children and to be accepting of their little personalities, flaws and all. I was able to help others in tough times like providing childcare, helping paint, some times even mowing. I was given the great opportunity to grow a very young relationship with someone I might have never known. God is great.

I am most thankful to all those( you know who you are) who stepped up to help me. Who saw a need and said something. Those that made me important to them and their lives. Those who gave completely anonymously out of the goodness of their heart. Thank you each and everyone of you for your extreme kindness. Whether it was babysitting, chatting, monetary, and just plain thoughtfulness each something was well appreciated.

Life is quite an amazing journey. The year 2009 is now history and for that I am MOST grateful.

With 2010 here and alive and I looking forward to awesome things like a family move, a great pay raise, a new position as a wife and mother, and new hope that lost relationships will be replaced with bigger and better new ones. A new perspective of God my father and his hand in my life and my children's. I am renewed with his spirit and understand his love is undying. No twitter post, blog post, facebook update, phone call or misunderstanding will tear us apart. I have a friend til the end and that is all I need. He is here with me no matter if I have my morning face, happy face, sad face, or disgusted face on. At 3am when I am crying in deep desperation he is there holding my hand. Every once in a while I need a little reminder of that and I am grateful to wonderful facebook friends, tweeps and family for sending me those little reminders always at just the right time.

My hopes for this year include big things, fun places, peace, love and joy. I always say I have 2 things I love more than anything in life those are my family and my camera. HAHAHA, I sure do love taking photos.

Look for more photos on my blog, shorter more frequent blog posts and a deeper understanding of who I am.

I am going to try to be more transparent. There is nothing to hide. There is no reason to lie. I am me and I am learning to love me. Why don't you join me?

Welcome 2010 and all the adventures life will provide me and my family.

Blessings and Happy New Year to all of you.

0 comments: