Monday, October 19, 2009

My love of crafting

Howdy buddies!!

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was fantastic. Friday night Zeus decided he wanted a family night. I was fine with that since we only have 2 weekends left with him before he heads off to OTS. Oh yes, I am a soon to be Officers Wife. WOO HOO!!! So we went to dinner for Mexican of course, Zeus' favorite. Then we took the kids to the movies to see " Where the wild things are?". Zeus then surprised us all with Cold stone ice cream. What a wonderful time we had.

Speaking of soon to be, I also am a soon to be Auntie for the 5th time. This one tugs at my heart just a little bit more than the previous 4. Don't get me wrong, each one holds a special place with me but this one is part of me. This one is the first blood niece and she will belong to my precious and sweet brother. That being said, I have a great past time that came from my beautiful grandmother, Crafting. Oh how I love to craft.

A while back( 3 years ago) I was throwing my best friend a baby shower and researching fun ideas that I could do to make this a unique and unforgettable experience for her. I found lots of fun ideas and had to narrow it down. That was hard. I wanted to do everything for her but only had so much time. I decided to put my time into trying to make one of those things called Diaper cakes. I had never seen one but wanted to make one the minute I spotted it. It was fun and has been a learning process. I have made several of these for precious family and friends and gave one away a few months back.

So when I found out my new sister in law was pregnant I was super happy that I would get to make another one. After doing all the chatting with my Sis I found the colors she was interested in and then I was off and running. Living 2000 miles away I was going to have to ship this thing. So I pieced it together and sent it off in hopes it would make it for the beloved baby shower being thrown for her. I can say it made it safely without any surgery on the other side.

Regrettably I had to have my mom deliver it. I would have much rather delivered it myself but just could not get there, Thanks military. I am grateful to my mom for helping me. Much to my surprise my Sis called to tell me Thank you within minutes of the closing of her shower. That leads me to believe she must have liked it. What do you think? Did She like it?

Without further ado here is my Sister in Laws one of a kind diaper cake, oh and Her too!!!






Come back soon for more pictures and fun stories from the Haskins House, Blessings

2 comments:

Toby E. said...

So pretty! Your best one yet!

Angie said...

LOVE this diaper cake!!! :) Very pretty!!