Thursday, October 8, 2009

Family and Friends Friday 6th edit.

Hello Bloggy buddies. I know it has been awhile but life has been happening over here at the Haskins House. I now bring back my famous Friday edition of Family and Friends Friday.
This is where I openly and honestly thank someone important to me and my life before their funeral. I want to be able to tell them how I feel before that fateful day or otherwise too late.
I want them to know what they mean to me and be able to smile about it.


So todays winner was really easy. Its you R.D.H.S.


Zeus today I dedicate this blog to you. With you leaving us I felt today was the right day for you.

You know I can say "I love you" a million times to you but it just doesn't seem special enough. Those words seem simple in comparison to what you mean to me and our family.

That first evening I saw you sitting there on the bleachers watching us practice gave me goose bumps. I wanted to know who that person was. Then I met you and found out how funny you are in EVERY SITUATION. That was the sign that you were a keeper.
From the first kiss in the tent to the last kiss this afternoon I have loved you and will continue to love you everyday of my life.


It is so funny to see how alike we are yet so different. I am so thankful for your patience with me. I know I can be a handful most of the time but you always seem to keep it together and do what needs to be done in my time of despair, anger, frustration and irritation. You are truly wonderful.

I look back at the way this all worked out and just thank the lord for you. Zeus you are amazing. I have never shared so many special things and places with one person. So thank you as I know there will be many more.


Can you believe it has been 10 years? Me neither, it is kinda strange.

I want to thank you for all 4 of these gorgeous and interesting children. They love you as much as I do and every time I see you play with them my heart goes pitter patter with joy. I couldn't have picked a better Father or Daddy for my babies. I think this is why I keep you around!

You are an awesome husband but what's better than that is the fact that you are the most playful and loving Father. A dad that coaches soccer, baseball, and basketball is truly a caring man. Seeing you on the floor rough housing with the kids always makes me gush. I may not smile on the outside but I am smiling arm to arm on the inside. I love how patient you are with Math homework and how you push the kids with projects. And what's even better is your eye for consequences. You have encouraged me to turn consequences into a learning experience for all of us.

You must know that I appreciate all the breakfasts in bed, all the wonderful times you came home early from a trip to surprise me, and all the times you brought me flowers. Even if I can count them all on one hand. I am thankful for you allowing me to sleep in and grateful for all the diaper changing you did. I never could have potty trained all these kids so thank you. Zeus, I have found the love of my life with you and I so appreciate you sharing it with me.

I want to thank you for the fantastic surprise trip to Hawaii. Wow, what husband lies to his wife in front of his parents and plans something so special to one place only to take her someplace else. Yep, only you.

Thank you for the wonderful Mothers day in Atlanta. What a great way to spend my first Mothers day.


Thank you for the beautiful trip to Orlando and Tampa, even if it was in celebration of a Bachelors degree for you it was sure special.

And the embarrassing trip to Atlantic city for my birthday which was unforgettable.


Thank you for buying me a car for valentines day and for driving all that way for 2 pretty puppies. Something else that will stick with me is that you have accepted my extended family. You treat them like your own family and for that I am most grateful. I couldn't ask for much more than that. I could go on all day with these types of thank yous, but I won't embarrass you just yet.

Thank you for pushing through all those long nights of studying to graduate college with a Bachelors degree and then continuing on for that Masters degree so that our family would be provided for years down the line. That is love. I know it and whether I ever told you or not please know that I am most grateful. Most would have stopped at the Bachelors degree but you always do as much as you can. I love to see your determination. You can not be mediocre, you have to be the best and that competitiveness and hard working attitude is greatly loved and adored.
I can never thank you enough for fixing the cars, mowing the lawn, setting up computers and sounds systems. The funniest thing is coming home to a completely rearranged living room or bedroom. Talk about crack me up. Honey, that is something only you would do and I love it.

I know I squirm when you play your little pranks and jokes on me but secretly I am grateful for the attention and thoughts from you. Cause I know you are thinking of me. And that is the greatest.

I am so thankful for your attention to detail when planning anything from family road trips across the country to a short trip to Virginia beach. Whatever it is you have covered every inch of the planning. I could never do that and am most grateful that you do.


Thank you for marrying me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for pushing through the rough days with me. Thank you for accepting the Cowboys as your football team. Thank you for providing for our family. Thank you for serving this country honorably.


We appreciate you and I want you to know that I am along for the ride and will be your first mate, map reader, navigator, wife or whatever you want to call me for 70 more years.

The next 4 months will be tough for all of us but as we look to the end, our lives will become much easier and you will preform like I know you can. What a great gift we have been given.
I know you will do well in school as you strive to achieve the highest level in everything you do. Even if you work til after 7 to finish up todays work.

So today I lay it all out there to tell you and the world that you are loved, appreciated and cared for. All things are noticed. All things are special. Even if I forget to tell you or forget to call or forget to thank you, please know that you are MY ZEUS ALMIGHTY.



0 comments: