Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School, it's time for School

Hip Hip Hooray! Its that time again, school starting. This year we had an unbelievably busy summer so I am really excited to send them back to school.

What are the changes that come with school starting again?

Definitely a new bed time
A change in the outside temperature
Exciting new field trips
A chance to make new friends
A break for Mommy

This year all 3 big kids are going to the same school. They are are in the 4th, 3rd and 1st grades. It is really funny to hear the kids come home and talk about the teachers and administration mixing up the little boys. I laugh because I, the mother, even mix them up so I can completely understand the Lunch lady denying a child lunch because he already had lunch earlier. Or a Counselor having to do a double take because he didn't respond to the name she called him but he looked just"like" that kid.

The kids were so excited to get to go back to school and so was I. Our grocery bill grew by 50% over the summer. Yes, my 1 man and 3 boys really know how to eat. But we seemed to manage because I knew they eventually would be going back. It was a little sad because Mr. Ziggy was unable to get a spot in the 3 YO program. He desperately wanted to go to school and have his own class. We did buy him a new back pack and lunchbox so when we go visit the big kids he can take it and feel a part of the group. He is definitely missing them as I do too but it is great to see them flourish and enjoy being at a public school with AMAZING teachers.





Thank you September!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Woo Hoo! They're such cute kids! I feel for the lunch lady! ;-D