Monday, July 20, 2009

Tiny Bubbles

Remember that song by Don Ho, Tiny Bubbles. It is a delightful song that brings beautiful pictures of Hawaii to my head. Just like yesterday did. My Aunt D has a friend who has been part of our family for about 25 or so years. We call her our Aunt J . She is very loving and absolutely one of the most giving people I have ever encountered. She can be extremely creative too.


So yesterday was my cousin's daughters 5th birthday. Aunt J has a fabulous backyard with an awesome swimming pool. She threw little J a birthday party but since we were in town and we have a birthday girl too she also included her.


Oh yes, Aunt J went all out for these 2 beauties. It was awesome. She had a luau complete with leis, kabobs, fruit, pool, music, the whole shebang. I was so happy and grateful to her for including my little Zero as well. What a day it was and there was ONLY family there with more than 30 people. Slightly large family I have here in Texas. Anyways Zero was told this was little J's birthday, not a lie, because it was her actually birthday. So I got all the kids dressed and out the door to Aunt J's house. They were so excited to go swimming and see the rest of the fam to realize the 2 signs hanging out behind the pool. Zero sat down taking it all in and had to be told to read the signs.



Immediately she took off running no less straight for me, she hugged me and asked if we were celebrating her birthday as well. I smiled hugged and kissed and yelled "SURPRISE". She was all smiles then on. What a day. Thanks Aunt J, you made it extremely memorable for my little Zero.



Wonderful end to a pretty spectacular vacation back home.

3 comments:

Anti-Supermom said...

Looks like a fabulous birthday... and now I have that 'Tiny Bubbles' song in my head.

Thank you very much :)

Charisse said...

Awww how sweet was that. And Zero looked like she had a ton of fun.

Our Naquin Family said...

What a great birthday for her! I'm so glad ya'll had so much fun
:0)