Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I know, I must be crazy

So a couple of weeks ago I decided that with all my husbands travel I was not going to sit around our house all summer when we could be visiting friends and family in our areas. This is when the notion of a LONG drive was born. I thought I had devised a plan that included my husband. Nevertheless, the military would definitely not let that happen, figures. Anyway, I decided while I was on my cruise that it would be fun to go ahead and take the kids without the hubby. Crazy!!! Yeah, this woman must have gone psycho. NO, I was serious. With the help of the hubby in packing the car and making sure my GPS had all my coordinates input. He also made sure the car was spick and span clean and all car seats were in the proper position. And best of all made sure all the electronics were all powered correctly, that's very important. I think he really thought I was not going to attempt it without him or that I would not make it the entire way. Much to his surprise I did both. I actually surprised myself too. I really thought that by the last leg of the trip that I would be feeling like mashed potatoes by that point but I was still thinking correctly and still WIDE awake. I hated to see him walk back into the house. But duty calls and he had to work and will soon leave for another one of his own business trips. So my original plan is kinda working out. Daddy will be gone while we are gone. So I got up shortly before 6am and made sure everyone was dressed and ready and all the last minutes things were in the car. After a few good-byes with Daddy we were off at 6:38am, 8 minutes off schedule already. This did not seem like a good sign to me but I pressed-on. We soon would see signs to Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and finally Florida. We managed to drive for almost 15 hours for a total of 970 miles all in one day from start to finish with just Mommy and the 4 kiddos. We were thrilled to have made it to our good friends house for a nice stop and visit.

We will soon embark on the second half of our trip where we will drive another 800 miles to my families houses in Texas, my home sweet home. Wish me luck, its gonna be another long day and a very happy ending when my babies will see all 5 sets of their grandparents for the first time in yeah, almost 2 years. Here we come everyone, get ready cause the Haskins are about to arrive in true Texas style. HAHAHA, love you guys and I will see you in a few days, for the rest of you keep reading to see the adventures we have of our time in Texas, oh, and Florida. Adios

4 comments:

Taylors Make Four said...

still have my number?

Our Naquin Family said...

Be safe and have FUN!!!

Charisse said...

YAY for you. I love long drives. And with DVD players and CD players and headphones for the little ones, they are even that much better. I hope you have so much fun. Be safe.

Amy said...

That is too cool. It's great for your kids to get to see everybody!