Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring has arrived


Friday was an absolute beautiful day once the storms moved out early morning. The kids got out of school early so we had some time to spend together. My friend's little girl stayed with my while mom was at work and Dad was away.


I love to garden and I seemed to have passed it on to the kids as well. I think that is a good thing but then again instead of 2 feet in the garden they add 8 more. I have to be careful allowing them all help at the same time. But, nonetheless I surrender and allow them to enjoy the beauty of gardening with me. This time I had the perfect solution. My friend, who's child I have, has a very dull and boring and quite honestly ugly garden. I worked on it a little last fall. I thought this is my opportunity, nobody's home and I have her child.



I scooped up about 10 plants and got all my shovels and all the kids. We walked over and I let the kids do all the digging and planting. It was very, very delightful to watch them try so hard.

What do you think?






They did a great job and were very proud of their accomplishments. I was very proud of them too. I know my friend and her daughter are going to smile everyday when they walk out and see all those beautiful flowers.









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







My first giveaway was a success. I had 15 entries. That is a start. So the Winner of one of my beautiful Diaper cakes is..................................... The Spears Family, Congratulations!!!

3 comments:

Our Naquin Family said...

How sweet! I know they will love the flowers~~:)

Leslie said...

Congratulations Spears Family!!!!
That diaper cake is a work of ART!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Keyona said...

I think "ugly" is a little harsh. I would say green thumb challenged. Thanks anyway, it's beautiful!