Monday, March 23, 2009

Not ME! Monday


Today is definitely a not me Monday. We have been dreading this day for a few weeks now. Zeus took off today. I certainly did not cry right along with my 4 babies as he hugged and kissed each one of us telling us each something special. He is only leaving for a month why in the world would I get quite this upset.


The past couple weeks have been difficult and I absolutely did not want to crawl under a rock and hibernate for a long time. That is not like me, I mean not me.


I did not lay on the floor at my friends house taking pictures of them while they were playing Rock Band. That is what photographers do, not me.


I did not let the laundry pile up to the size of a mountain for the last 2 weeks only doing what was necessary to get through the next day. No I love to do the laundry.


I was not a super nice wife and let Zeus do ALL of the mountain of laundry while I tended to children. It was only about 20 loads. Definitely not Me!! Zeus really wanted to, or so I thought.


I did not get totally fed up with a group of adults I'm associated with when they cried and whined worse than my 3 year old. Seriously, I do not need 5 more children right now. That is totally not me, I love to listen and solve everyones problem and make all people's happy.


I did not jump up and down on Saturday afternoon when we finished Basketball season. Coaches need to be sad when the season is over, right. Mom's should be sad they their children will not have 4 nights of practice a week right? Nope Not Me.


Good Luck and I hope your Not Me's aren't quite so negative.

Come Back soon.




1 comments:

CindyD said...

Dusty - thank you for your comments on my blog. It really means a lot when you are wondering where you went wrong as a parent. Your Mom should be proud of the way you have turned out as an adult. I love your attitude about everything that happens in your life - it will get you a long way. I can relate to being a Mom on your own so much (although you have twice as many children - which are adorable by the way), it makes you stronger as a person. Take care and keep it up!