Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tiny task Tuesday

Welcome Back to another edition of Tiny Task Tuesday!!!




My very own campaign to help change America one simple helping hand at a time. You too can join in and help me restore true generosity without money changing any hands. Just commit to doing one thing per week for the rest of the year. Whether it be reading to a class, helping the elderly carry something, Being a good neighbor, picking up trash and many other small simple tasks.

So this week I read someones negative response to my T.T.T. It was enlightening. What I must say is, I do not do this to boast about the good things I do. I do this to show you just how easy stepping up can be. We all want change. We saw that on Nov. 4, 2008 and again on Jan. 20, 2009 but we do not know how to change or we are leaving it to Congress. Lets do it ourselves. That is the only way to truly change, in my opinion. We have become a very self-absorbed and selfish nation, unwilling to give to the needy or help the unfortunate. Lets change that. Get back to basics. I post my T.T.T. so that you know what a difference a tiny task can make. It makes me think, Hmmm, what have i done this week? Or have I done something to help someone this week? It keeps me honest and true and puts it in writing. Its all about accountability. Make yourself accountable. I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way. I am just trying to do my part to make America the place everyone wants to be, like it was 20 years ago. I do this for my children. I want them to enjoy living here and prosper. It is up to us. Join me!!!

This weeks Tasks

1. I gave my new neighbor 4 eggs so they could cook dinner since the commissary was already closed for the day.
2. I picked up all the recycling that blew all over the street twice, due to the ridiculously heavy wind.
3. I continue to coach a team of 5-6 year olds basketball.
4. I drove a friend home from the mall since she did not have a car and her hubby did not come get her.

You see these are all simple tasks that just take time, energy and strength. If you have it to give then try it. It can be exhilarating!! And other people might notice and decide to follow your lead. Thanks for logging on today to follow my T.T.T.
Come back tomorrow to see what is new in the life of the Haskins House.

2 comments:

Worm's Woman said...

You have my full support on this mission. I think it's a fabulous one. I put up my report of mine and the results from Larry's EEG.
Thanks so much for the prayers!! You're fabulous!

Keyona said...

That sure would have been a long walk.