Last night while lying on the couch trying to fall asleep I lay thinking of the things I am thankful for. (I am sick and coughing, Ryan just got home so I did not want to wake him with my coughing fits so I chose the couch) So Here is a small list of the most important things I must be openly thankful to share.
1. Amazing Friends that always seem to be there when I need them, no matter what is happening in their own lives. From babysitting to pure company and everything in between, I am most grateful. Keyona, Carlota and Hilda, I love you ladies!!! Thanks for lending your ear to me on so many occasions. 3 wonderful blessings in my life. Hilda I miss you dearly!
2. My wonderful children. God gave me 4 smart, healthy, happy and pleasing children. I am so thankful for them. Everyday is a new adventure with them but it is always crazy. I am learning new things everyday. I love them dearly and am grateful to God for placing them in my life when he did. Man, it is awesome that his plan is always the right one at the right time.
3. My husband, he is the love of my life. I am grateful he puts up with me and my crazy opinions and strange behaviors. I cherish our time together. Although they are not always happy times at least they are times together. Thank you Ryan for taking a chance on me. I love you! Thanks God for putting Ryan in my life.
4. My extended family!! God has blessed my family greatly. We are all so healthy, no major diseases, syndromes or birth defects. In today's world that is very rare. I am very grateful to have not experienced any premature deaths in our family either. And this year we are adding much more family to this. I recently found out I have more paternal biological family out there. So for this I am equally thankful. I am thankful for your unconditional love and unshakable support. Thank you God for such a diverse, well rounded, dysfunctional and sometimes ridiculous crazy family of mine.
Too many pictures to post on this one.
5. Life!!! I am thankful for all the worldly possessions God has bestowed upon me. I hope I am a good steward of those things. Thank you for all the things in my life that make life much more exciting and busy and life itself. To be alive today is just so incredible.
6. And all the many special things that go along with life: my husbands job, my children's school and teachers, my business, the military, good doctors, and all the many, many people that have touched my life, if only for a brief moment at least they played a role in my life. I am so thankful for all of you.
God Bless each and everyone of you. I pray that everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Lets all stop and really think this year what we are thankful for. Lets all let go of the greed for one year. Get back to the basics of life. Be humble. Lets help someone less fortunate than us. Give them clothes, food, money, a ride to work, or something that you are good with. If we all do this then it will permeate in the world and we can get down to real life instead of all the "keeping up with the Jones'" behavior. Who really cares what car you drive or what kind of house you own. or how many houses you own. That's not important. We, people, are what's important. Make a lasting impression on someone else's life, make a true commitment to this and you will be so blessed.
On a lighter note here are some pictures and a video from Riley's Thanksgiving Feast at school on Friday. He is in Kindergarten and this is great for him and his understanding of life. It is so much fun to have the opportunity to see him grow and learn. I love you Riley!!!
Blessings to all