Monday, November 10, 2008

MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT.....

This is a new idea I came up with while I was making dinner tonight. Lets see what everyones most embarrassing moment is. So if you are out there in blog world looking for something to tell well, wait no longer. Step right up you are the newest contestant to embarrass yourself again.



I will start off by setting the scene for you. We are living in Valdosta, GA back in 2003. Courtney is 3 and Junior is 1 1/2 year old. At this time Ryan is stationed at Moody AFB, GA, a small base inside a very small military town. The people there were wonderful. Nothing like the people of D.C. The mood was so calm and slow and everyone was just so appreciative of us military folk. I do miss it for those reasons. But being an enlisted military family our income is shabby to say the least. So we qualified for W.I.C, which is a federal program for Women and children under 5. The program pays for milk, eggs, juice, peanut butter, cereal and cheese. It is awesome for us families who struggle from pay check to pay check just to make ends meet without any extras. So I have to go to the WIC office which is in a not so good part of town and take the kids with me because I have not baby sitter. Remember we were/are poor. So the schedule is you go in at either 9 am or 12pm and wait for your name to be called. Sadly you could sit in the white walled room filled with chairs, tons of of women and too many to count crying babies. You might see a woman without any kids with a large pregnant belly but those are slim. There are no toys so you have to make sure to bring toys for your kids to stay busy that awful 2-3 hours. Food and drinks are prohibited. Yes, so you are picturing it correctly just an unbearable situation for any human. Now, the people in the room on this particular day are ALL black. I am the only, I repeat only white girl in the room. This does not bother me because some of the neatest people I have become friends with over the years have been black. So as we sit there me with my huge protruding pregnant belly and 2 small children we start talking. Just you everyday conversation, who's that?, what's her name?, Mommy can we leave?, I'm hungry?, yada, yada, yada. I field the question as they come, no problem, that is my job right. Now mind you my Courtney is very quiet, shy, reserved and rolls with the punches and seldomly gets angry or argumentative. Nevertheless here we are and Courtney asks in her most loud voice I have ever heard, drowning out all others in the room, she says " Momma, When are we gonna find out the color of our baby.?" OMG, I am turning pink in complete and udder shock. I think I said ummmm about 100 times. I quietly tried to tell her NO Courtney we know what color our baby is we are going to find out the KIND or Sex of our baby on whatever day it was. Let me tell you, every woman in that room was staring evilly at me. They must have been thinking I wonder who she been sleepin with. OH LAWD, I never wanted to crawl under a rock more than that moment. The moment my name was called we ran and literally ran out of there as fast as we could. I bet that room bust up laughing the second I walked out. OH the things our children will say. Courtney I love you dear but this takes the cake. So what is your finest moment?

3 comments:

The Carneys said...

that's hysterical!! I wish I was a fly on the wall!! I'm glad my child-bearing days are a looooong ways away!! I will post my moment in my blog :)

Our Naquin Family said...

I loved this story! I've had these moments with each of my boys!!

Diamond said...

That is, by far, THE funniest thing I've read in a long time! Bwahahaha!
I'll have to think of something to beat that, but it may not be possible. You have a beautiful family :-).