Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mans Best Friend!!!

Tonight Ryan was working on his second to last day of homework while sitting on the couch. Princess, Our 7 year old Yorkshire terrier, was sitting with him. She has been with him or on his lap all day today. After I go to bed Ryan is in the bathroom downstairs clanging around. I hear the cabinet door opening and rattling and think nothing of it. Then I hear" Dusty come here, hurry." Usually that is Ryan just messing with me. So I say "What" and he yells back" I'm serious Come down here quick." So I run down stairs and go into the bathroom to find him standing there with his shirt under his chin. He looks freaked out. He is shaking. He says " I have a tick on my belly". I am thinking what? Then I look closely and sure enough, Ryan has an ugly wiggly black tick on his belly. So first thing I look up tick removal on the computer and call my Father in law, which is a large animal veterinarian, and ask what can we do to get this thing out? We get the tweezers and I am freaking out , more grossed out than anything and I try to pull it and it starts wiggling like a son of gun. YUCK!!!! Then Ryan is really getting impatient. He is shaking like the dickens too. I could tell he was scared, worried and nervous. So what does he do, take the tweezers from me and try it himself. This is not good. He pulls the tick, yep, you guessed it he got the body and left the head. OH Great, this is what I was trying to avoid in the first place. Lovely, well Dad says go to the doctor and get some antibiotics and watch for Lyme Disease. Ryan, he is just ignorant to these types of things and says screw it I am going to the ER. So he bags up the tick and off he goes. Yeah all this is happening after 11pm. Thank goodness it is Saturday night and not Sunday night. Well, I guess when he gets home he will wake me to tell me the prognosis. Say a little prayer for Ryan. He needs to be healthy. Pray that Lyme disease did not have time to infect him. Thanks Princess you are Ryan's best friend. Looks like she picked it up while we were out hunting for that perfect Christmas tree. Guess next time we will leave her home or bathe her when we get back. Until next time....................

1 comments:

Artsy Aut said...

And?? Is he ok? Did he get the head out? I am always feaked out I will get a tick. I hope it went ok at the ER!