Friday, November 21, 2008

Grown UP? NOT

Tonight the kids and I crawled into my big king size bed and watched the movie Nims Island. It was a cute movie and they all sat so intently and watched it all the way through with no interruptions. There was a scene in the movie that caused a little heartache on my family. The little girl got very sad in the movie when she thought her Daddy had died. That scene was the breaking point for my 3 strong children. All 3 big kids got extremely upset and broke down in tears. OH, It is so hard for me to hold it together when my babies are crying. Thank goodness God gave us hugs. They came in handy tonight. I truly thought that they had grown out of the getting upset stage, but after thinking about it. I mean really thinking about it. Do we ever grow out of loneliness? We always miss our Daddy's. So my expectations for a tear free trip are blown, but at least I was right here to comfort them all and was able to calm them very quickly. They get used to Ryan traveling but I think these long trips start to take their toll on my precious sweeties. Daddy if you are out there reading, your babies miss you terribly and can not wait to see you again next week when you return. As for me, Mommy is keeping together with all the busyness and enjoys all the friendly phone calls.

1 comments:

Artsy Aut said...

I got tears in my eyes reading that! Its so hard to have Daddy gone. Hang in there!!