Monday, October 27, 2008

FULL OF PEOPLE

This weekend was just that Full of People. I flew to Texas on Friday for my 10 year high school reunion. Crazy to think it has been that long now. I know I am starting to get old. OUCH, that hurts. Anyways, the reunion was unexpected. I was not sure what to expect going. Tons of questions mounted in my head. I thought I am going to look silly without my husband here with me. yada, yada, yada. Anyways, I met many of my friends from elementary school, middle and high school. I was fairly disappointed at the lack of participation. We were missing HUNDREDS of people. Many people I was so looking forward to see and catch up with were not there. BUMMER. I flew all this way and only saw a few of the MAIN people I was excited to see. The ones that were there were great though. We even went to a Bar to catch up and then to IHOP because we are all so old the loud LIVE BAND at the bar was giving all us old ladies a headache. HAHAHA, It was fun. IT has been years since I stayed out until 3am. WHAT A BLAST!!!

I spent my days visiting with my family. I always love seeing my family. They are the fuel that feeds my worn out engine. Thank you!!! It was so lovely to just sit and talk, play games and not worry what time it is. It has been forever since I played Pinochle too. Thanks guys!!!

I then got brave and made that ever so uncomfortable decision to meet my birth Father, his wife and my 2 half brothers. WOW, that was nice. I again was not sure what to expect. It was amazing how much we all had missed in each others lives but I thank God for giving me the opportunity to finally meet this people. We talked for about 4 1/2 hours. YEA, long meeting. It was neat to see the links between this family and my own. Questions I have had the last few years were answered. WOW, it was that easy. I am feeling better about the whole situation. I know that it is going to be weird for a number of years for not only me but for many of us. I am willing to push through it.


So all in all it was a very successful weekend. I am getting on a plane in just a few hours for the 3 hour flight back to D.C.

Blessings to all you PEOPLE. I am thankful and oh so grateful to have all of you in my life. Each and EVERY one of you holds your own spot in my chest. I love you, I miss you and I love the fact that we are family and friends.

4 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

I wouldn't have been able to go to the reunion in any case, but I didn't even know it was happening until I saw you post something about it on Facebook. So oh well! Glad you had a good time. I'm getting ready to get on a plane my own self...I'm going to Seattle for a few weeks with a friend so she can have surgery on her ankle. But before the surgery we're going SHOPPING at Target! :) Have a safe trip, Dusty!

Worm's Woman said...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to the reunion (reason is in my blog). Glad you had a fun/successful weekend. And hopefully the next time you come we can try and meet up since I missed this one. Safe travels and have a super Halloween!

Tiffany Pruett said...

Hi Dusty! I found your blog site through Toby's blog. What a cute family you have! Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. It's so good to see that you are doing well. Take care!
Tiffany (stanford) Pruett

PS I just recently had a baby, check out my little baby blog site :-)
http://sites.bundleofjoys.com/tiffandwes/

Charisse said...

Hey chica....Glad you had a good time at the reunion. Money was a little too tight for me to make the 250 dollar flight and the 65 dollar night since I just started the new job. But I am glad you had a good night.

BIG CONGRATS to your mom. I don't know her, but I am very proud of her. Alcoholism has run in my family and I know that it can be a difficult trial...just one day at a time.

I am so proud that you were sourageous to meet your birth father. Even though I am sure it was tough...You now have that much more family to learn about. And lean on. And get support from. I just watched a movie with Halle Berry called "Things We Lost in the Fire" and she has a line in there that I have decided to adopt into my own life : Accept the good.