Thursday, August 28, 2008

Annoyance

Well this week started out well because I was getting ready for a Partylite Show so I was really excited and ready to get through it and try to get some more shows off of this one. Ryan gets a phone call at 4:30pm Sat. afternoon. After a few minutes he tells me he is sorry and he is going to have to leave Immediately. Great, now I am going to have to find a sitter for 4 kids in 30 minutes. So Ryan ends up leaving at about 5:30pm for a 10 day trip. Yep, the military does not waste any time. So my heart just broke into a million pieces because I was suppose to get on an airplane Wednesday night and attend my brothers wedding. Did I mention I have been looking forward to this for several months now and have had plane tickets for more than that.

So thankfully the hostess I am doing the show for allows me to bring the kids. I get through it a little out of it thinking what I am going to do to get to Texas. So Sunday is so upsetting because I had planned to visit with several friends I have not seen in years and help with the wedding and spend some time with the little brother and new sister in law.

Now my friend Hilda, the hostess at the show, stops by Sunday morning while I am having a pity party for myself. She tells me to get dressed I have 45 minutes and my ride will be here to pick me up. Another friend picks me up and takes me to VA after getting there I am told what is going to happen. It was so sweet. 4 of my friends took me to get pedicures and then out to eat at a Japanese hibachi restaurant. Awesome. These 4 ladies are so wonderful. Did I mention this was all for my birthday that was on Monday. So they made me feel like a Princess and calmed me down for a few hours. It was wonderful, I love surprises. Thanks guys. Now back to my story. So I am stressing about how I am going to get someone to watch my 4 children for 5 days while I am gone to Texas since their daddy had to leave. Did I mention irritating. Oh yeah, I can not even plan a trip without someone else screwing it up. So after talking to many people and trying to figure out a way to get them to watch my kids I have come up short. There is no family to lean on because of the holiday weekend and everyone having other plans. This has got to be the most upsetting thing that has happened in quite a while. Anyways after brainstorming I decide to change my plane tickets. I try to change the current one and it was going to cost $1300 to change the dates. NOT acceptable. So I decide to try to buy a new one. So I do find one that I am only gone for 48 hours because I have a friend that will watch them for that long. So that cost me another $450. What a wild roller coaster this week is turning into. Did I mention that my best friend was moving this week too. Yeah so it has been a hard week. Thanks for lending me your ear. Maybe next year Ryan will not miss my birthday for the 5th year in a row.
So onto the packing for the impending short wedding.

2 comments:

Taylors Make Four said...

dang. . .that sucks. . .I didn't even know that you were going to be in Texas this week! Now I'm not looking forward to Bobby resigning as active Air Force, I know Ryan's job is more inconsistent and demanding, but GEEZ, I don't know how you do it! love ya!

Our Naquin Family said...

I had a blast! I am glad you enjoyed your day.